By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree to your personal information being handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and the Terms of Services, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes.
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 25, 2019
The Information We Collect
The information we collect about you is provided from your submissions, third parties as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information You Provide. You may browse certain areas of the Site without registering with us or providing us personal information. If you register for our Services, then we may ask you to provide the following information:
- Company Name
- Company Phone Number
- Company Address, City, State, ZIP
- Type of Company: Public, private or non-profit
- Company Industry
- Company Size
Personal information we collect:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Job Title
Any registered user of the Services may also provide information regarding a specific employment situation to us via the Services. If you are providing personal information for third parties, such as an employee, in connection with using our Services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have all required permissions and consents to provide such personal information to us for use in connection with the Services and that our use of such personal information to provide the Services does not violate any applicable law, rule, regulation or order.
Our Site has forms you can complete to contact us about products and services or to receive a consultation, update subscription or free HR Tool. We collect your name, company name, email address, phone number, state, job title, reason for contacting us, and if applicable the number of agency staff and agency type.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; type and identification of your mobile device; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your name and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site and Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, to respond to your support and other inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes. For example, we use your phone number to reach you for support issues; we use a user’s full name to assign that mandatory training courses to that user; we use your email address to help reset a user’s password, send reminders to take training courses assigned by administrators, to inform administrators when users complete a course, and to authenticate users into the system.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries solely for the purpose of providing Services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be maintained by such affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users and use of our Services with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Please note that we will not sell or share your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Site and Services.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to enable site speed and performance for future visits to our Site.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the Site or use the Services.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
You may request access, correction or modification of personal information that you have submitted to us by updating your account profile or by contacting us at [email protected] You can also request deletion of your personal information; we will endeavor to accommodate such requests to the extent required by law unless we need to retain such information for auditing and other purposes. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
Retention of Personal Information
As a general rule, we retain information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as may be required to comply with legal and accounting requirements. Certain information, such as relating to completion of training requirements are retained on a permanent basis for auditing purposes.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Location of Personal Information
Our Site and Services are solely intended for use for persons located and resident in the United States and personal information that is provided to us will be stored in the United States. Please note that if you access or use the Site or Services from outside the United States, you assume all risk of doing so and are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the United States, which may offer less protection to your personal information that your jurisdiction of residence.
Children Under 13
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected]
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or if you have an account with us, providing notice to the email address in your account (for this reason you should make sure to update your account information promptly if it changes).