Attention: Employers with over 100 Employees
On July 15, 2019, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) opened its web-based portal for the collection of pay and hours worked data for calendar years 2017 and 2018.
If your company employed over 99 employees during the snapshot period in 2017 or 2018, you are required to submit your Component 2 Data by September 30, 2019.
Our Compliance Database alerted us to this information as soon as it became available. See how our alerts can help you stay compliant and up to date when Federal & State laws, regulations or requirements change.
EEOC Opens Portal for 2017 & 2018 Pay Data Collection
As ordered by the court’s recent decision in National Women’s Law Center v. Office of Management and Budget Civil Action No. 17-cv-2458 (D.D.C.), EEO-1 filers must submit both Component 2 data for calendar years 2017 and 2018 by September 30, 2019.
Employers, including federal contractors, are required to submit Component 2 compensation data for:
2017 if they have 100 or more employees during the 2017 workforce snapshot period; and
2018 if they have 100 or more employees during the 2018 workforce snapshot period.
The workforce snapshot period is an employer-selected pay period between October 1 and December 31 of the reporting year. Federal contractors and other private employers with fewer than 100 employees are not required to report Component 2 compensation data.
Additional Sources for Employers
- Sample Form — the proposed EEO-1 Form to collect pay data in the Component 2 EEO-1 Online Filing System.
- Instruction Booklet for Filers — instructions for submitting the Component 2 EEO-1 Report.
- User’s Guide — instructions for using the Component 2 EEO-1 Online Filing System.
- Fact Sheet for Component 2 EEO-1 Report Filers — a list of important deadlines, reminders, and definitions to support a successful submission of Component 2 data for 2017 and 2018 calendar years.
- Component 2 EEO-1 Compensation Data Collection Initial Notification — the letter sent on July 1, 2019 to notify companies of the immediate reinstatement of the revised Component 2 EEO-1 collection for 2017 and 2018.
- Reference Documents — supporting reference materials including the job classification guide, 2017 NAICS codes, a Postal Code Lookup file.
See the notice and login to file beginning July 15, 2019.
Our Free HR Tools help simplify compliance. Check them out today.
Our system helps your company navigate every new change, requirement, legislation, law and regulation. Give us a call to see how we can help streamline HR for professionals or office managers.